Category Archives: News

Opening Date Announced and Tickets Now On Sale for “Universal Horror Unleashed” In Las Vegas!

As previously reported, Universal Studios is broadening its horizons in the US beyond Hollywood and Orlando and bringing a much-needed breath of Halloween and horror air to the bright lights of Las Vegas with a YEAR-ROUND Horror theme park the likes this city hasn’t seen since the late 90s with MGM’s SCREAM PARK.

As a Vegas native and local, Thank PAZUZU for this.

Dubbed “Universal Horror Unleashed,” Universal said the attraction will open its doors on August 14, 2025, at Area15. According to the company, the attraction will feature four haunted houses, each offering a “unique and fully immersive horror experience.”

The company said previously that the four haunted houses would be comprised of Universal Monsters, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Scarecrow: The Reaping and Blumhouse’s The Exorcist: Believer.

“Universal Horror Unleashed” comes from the team behind the Halloween Horror Nights experiences at Universal Studios theme parks and will also feature areas with spooky eateries and bars with live entertainment experiences for the company’s first year-round horror immersive experience.

Tickets for “Universal Horror Unleashed” can be purchased here at this link so join me in Vegas for a drink and some spooky shenanigans. Just don’t go overboard with those souvenir cocktails.

“What Could Have Been”-George A. Romero’s ‘Resident Evil’ Doc Streaming Today

In what is possibly the most intriguing “what could have been” moment in the horror genre, the documentary announced way back in 2022, GEORGE A ROMERO’s RESIDENT EVIL documentary is finally ready to sink into the eyeballs of Romero and Resident Evil fans alike.

The investigative documentary dives deep into the original film that was slated to be directed by the godfather of zombies, George A Romero. In 1998, Constantin Film set out to bring Resident Evil, the legendary horror video game, to the big screen. They enlisted Romero to adapt the project, but despite the perfect pairing of horror’s greatest minds, Romero’s vision for Resident Evil was never realized. Now, for the first time, Salisbury’s documentary uncovers the hidden story behind the project that captivated fans and the horror industry alike.

“George Romero gave birth to modern horror, the modern zombie, and ultimately Resident Evil,” says Salisbury. “I am honored to bring fans the untold story of his most important unmade project, to celebrate the legacy of the man that inspired me to pursue filmmaking as a career. I hope fans enjoy this ultimate experience in survival horror.”

George A. Romero’s Resident Evil delivers an immersive, stylized experience, weaving together archival footage, newly uncovered documents, and fresh interviews with key personalities. Taking inspiration from documentaries like Jodorowsky’s Dune, Salisbury crafts a compelling narrative that revisits the people and the creative vision behind this unproduced adaptation. Through candid interviews with industry insiders, George A. Romero’s Resident Evil brings to light the enduring mystery and the ambitious spirit that could have redefined the franchise’s journey into Hollywood.

“Uncork’d is honored to bring George A. Romero’s Resident Evil to fans who have long awaited the untold story behind this legendary, unmade project,” says Keith Leopard, President of Uncork’d Entertainment. “This documentary pays homage to Romero’s incredible vision and the power of storytelling that transcends what could have been. We’re excited for audiences to finally experience the mystery and legacy of his work in a whole new way.”

The GEORGE A ROMERO RESIDENT EVIL doc is on digital and On Demand release today (you can rent or buy it on Amazon at this LINK HERE.

New Documentary From “In Search Of Darkness” 1990-1994 Edition Up For Pre-Order!


The ultimate visual guide to horror films by the decade, “IN SEARCH OF DARKNESS”, is back at it to stab our eyeballs with a 90s version. And the horror passionate campaign is underway for fans to preorder along with some goodies!

The creative minds behind the In Search of Darkness ‘ 80s horror trilogy and Aliens Expanded documentary, In Search of Darkness: 1990-1994 delves into an era of horror evolution marked by grittier, meta filmmaking, straight-to-video ingenuity, darker villains alongside franchise icons, and the birth of seismic digital-effects – leaving no shortage of terror tales on TV, at the local video store, and on multiplex screens. Landmark film favorites including Candyman , The Silence of the Lambs, Tremors , and Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Wes Craven’s New Nightmare, Stephen King’s IT miniseries, Frankenhooker and Peter Jackson’s Dead Alive are deconstructed, re-contextualized, and revered with a nostalgic, celebratory lens in In Search of Darkness: 1990-1994 , which features new interviews with legendary film icons of the ‘90s, side-by-side with genre experts and famous fans – all assembled to reframe a fascinating period in horror history and hold up a cracked
mirror to the compelling socio-political issues of the landscape.


“The ‘90s was a much more exciting time for horror filmmaking, TV programming, and bold innovation than many of us may remember,” says In Search of Darkness: 1990-1994 writer/director David Weiner. “There was an abundance of creative visions, vibrant approaches, and insane indie entries. And it was also a time of major transition, growing pains and evolution for horror filmmakers. I’m excited to present a brand-new line-up of ‘90s horror legends and contemporary voices, alongside several returning ‘80s favorites, to reframe the perspective of this oft-maligned decade of great horror entertainment and risk-taking in In Search of Darkness: 1990-1994. ”

“I’m thrilled to invite superfans on an extraordinary journey with In Search of Darkness: 1990-1994, ” says CEO of CREATORVC, Robin Block. “Together, we were able to show the world a new form of documentary with the first In Search of Darkness in 2019, expanding the film into a trilogy and subsequent books. We are excited to take on a new decade in horror and explore it with our fans.”

With new interviews and insights from the likes of John Carpenter, Heather Langenkamp, Ted Raimi, and Clancy Brown-just to name a few– it’s going to be pretty exciting to hear the perspectives from the legends on the start of a new decade of horror!

In Search of Darkness: 1990-1994 Purchase Options:

● SOD: 1990-94 BLU-RAY PACKAGE (including Blu-ray w/slipcase; 2 posters; name in credits; sew-on patch; digital copy of film; digital soundtrack; membership card; and exclusive certificate)

● THREE-DISC ISOD ‘80s TRILOGY COLLECTION (including In Search of Darkness Parts I-III Blu-rays with exclusive trilogy slipcase; digital copy of film; digital soundtrack)

Pre-orders for In Search of Darkness: 1990–1994 are available October 8 through midnight October 31, 2024 exclusively at www.90shorrordoc.com!